Saturday, January 10, 2015

Let's Get Whimsical Swap!

Greetings everyone!

Recently I decided to step outside my fandom and postcard boundaries (as that is what I have been swapping on Swap-Bot as of late) and went for a Whimsey Jar swap.

This was my first time putting one together, and it was pretty daunting. Your partner had to list 5-9 themes for you to go with, and I decided with Shabby (with some bird stuff as another one my partner picked was little birds). It was so hard to find things to include! I think I'm just worried it won't be good enough. I included little keys, some fabric flowers, some stickers, some pretty on a spool fabric... :S I hope she likes it.

It was also hard because you had to decorate the front, and I was at a loss for what to do! Oh well. For my first go around I think it turned out all right.

I had to buy most of the things to include, since I didn't have a lot already. Luckily I had a coupon for Michael's, so that was great to use. I got the jar in a two pack in the Target $1 section (I believe for $3 for the two of them). I had gotten two of these jars previously and another cap so I use mine for lemonade in the summer. (:

Anyway, here are some pictures! The lighting in the winter is terrible here - I'm thinking of getting a different flash or asking my SO to make me a lightbox to compensate.

Cheers!



No comments:

Post a Comment